What We Do
To enhance quality of life, the environment, and the level of public safety within the Regional District through efficient, cost-effective, and professional delivery of public works & engineering services.
The Utilities Department has the following focus areas:
- Professional engineering advice to the Regional District Board and other departments on utility infrastructure.
- Maintain the 9 water and 2 sanitary sewer systems managed by the Regional District.
- Capital Infrastructure Upgrades for water and sewer.
- Referral group for providing input into the infrastructure requirements for subdivisions.
- Street Lights - manage street light maintenance with FortisBC in RDOS service areas.
- Mosquito and Pest Control carries out a larviciding campaign for mosquito control as well as a monitoring and enforcement program for harmful tree fruit pests such as Cherry Fruit Fly and Peach Twig Borer.
- Invasive Plant Program - partnering with Okanagan & Similkameen Invasive Species Society (OASISS) to provide biological control agents and public education programs to raise awareness of invasive species.
- WildsafeBC program participation