New Services

What do I do if I want a new service?

A service can be established in a neighbourhood or defined area to undertake a specific service for the benefit of the owners of those properties determined to be within the boundaries of the service area.  It is paid for by the owners of those properties.  There are two ways to initiate this process:

  1. Petition - Property owners may petition the Board for a specific service and service area.  Petition forms may be produced by the Regional District office.
  2. By Board initiative - The Board may decide to establish a service area and undertake a specific service on its own initiative.  Notices are published in the local newspaper.

Frequently Asked Questions

Click here to view 'Frequently Asked Questions'

Process to Petition for a New Service Area

Click here to view the process

Proposed Service Area Petition

Click here for petition

 For more information, please contact the Manager of Legislative Services at 250-490-4146 or