Forms & Sample Documents
Building Permit Applications
- Application for Building Permit
- Owner's Undertaking (formerly Form 1)
- Letter of Authorization (Appointment of Agent)
- Application for Permit Extension ($100 fee)
- Application for Demolition Permit ($150 fee)
- Farm Building Application
- Application for Siting (sea-can / steel storage container)
- Application for Placement of Temporary Building/Structure
- Permit Transfer Form ($100 fee)
- Permit requirements checklist
- Sample Site Plan
- Sample Building Plans
- Detached Garage Information Brochure
- Fee Schedule (Schedule 2 of Bylaw 2877)
Application for Manufactured/Mobile Home
- Application to place a manufactured or mobile home (CSA standards A277 / Z240)
Farm buildings must be located on land classed as “farm” under the BC Assessment Act and are designated for “low human occupancy” as defined in the National Farm Building Code of Canada.
Farm Building Exemption Permit – exempt from fees & inspections
- Low human occupancy farm buildings less than 20 m2 (215 ft2)
- Unenclosed hay storage structures or animal shelters less than 600 m2 (6458 ft2)
- Greenhouses up to 190 m2 (2045 ft2) used for production of agricultural and horticultural produce or fees
Farm Building Permit - $250 fee
- Bona fide farm building less than 600 m2 (6458 ft2), designed for low human occupancy and located on land classed as farm under the Assessment Act (does not include covered riding arenas, structures associated with cannabis production, structures associated with the production of manufactured derivatives from agricultural raw materials (wine, sausages, fruit leathers, jams, etc) or structures which may be used for assembly occupancies
Please note that application for farm buildings or exemptions MUST be accompanied by a site plan showing the location & size of all buildings on the property, floor plan showing use, elevation drawings showing height to highest point, a current title search and copies of all covenants, easements, and rights of way registered on the title. The RDOS can obtain the title & legal documents for the applicant if necessary. All associated fees must be paid before the Exemption/Permit can be issued.
Building without Permit - Complaint Form
In order to investigate a complaint of building occurring without a building permit, we require a signed, written complaint giving the details of the property and building. Please use this Complaint Form and submit to Building Inspection for investigation.
Vacation Rental TUP Inspection Application
Prior to approval of a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) for Vacation Rentals, a health and safety inspection of the proposed vacation rental property is required. This Inspection costs $100 and will be done by RDOS Building Officials. Complete this TUP Inspection Application form and return to the RDOS with the $100 fee. Payment can be made by cheque, in person or using our secure on-line payment system.
IMPORTANT - PLEASE NOTE
- Riparian Area Regulations (setback from water courses) If you are planning on building within 30 metres of the high water mark of any lake, swamp, pond, watercourse or top of ravine bank, you will need a Watercourse Development Permit. These permits must be approved BEFORE you can apply for a Building Permit.
- Environmentally Sensitive Development Permit (ESDP) areas. The Regional District has established Development Permits to minimize the impact of development on the natural enviroment. ESDP's are usually required prior to any disturbance of land or vegetation. It is best to contact an RDOS Planning Technician (250-492-0237) as early as possible in your planning process. If you require an ESDP, it must be approved BEFORE you can apply for a Building Permit.