Business Licences

The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen does not issue business licences, and they are not required when operating a business within an Electoral Area.

The Regional District has, however, enacted zoning bylaws in Electoral Areas "A", "C", "D", "E", "F", "H" "I" and a small part of Electoral Area "G" and the operators of prospective businesses are encouraged to contact the Planning Department to discuss their future plans in order to ensure compliance with the zoning bylaw(s).  Planning staff can be reached at:

Phone: 250-492-0237
Toll Free: 1-877-610-3737

The zoning of a property can be confirmed in one of the following ways:

  • through the Regional District's "Parcel Viewer" 
    (enter the civic address or PID of the property and select "Zoning" in the Layer List); or
  • the consolidated versions of the various Electoral Area Zoning Maps under Regional Bylaws (see "Planning").

Within the municipal boundaries of Penticton, Summerland, Osoyoos, Oliver, Princeton & Keremeos a business licence is required and prospective business operators are encouraged to check with these municipalities regarding their business licencing requirements.