EOC Update: Evacuation Order RESCINDED to Alert Area B (Cawston)News Article
Friday, December 3, 2021 7:00 pm
An Evacuation Order issued by the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) for properties in the Chopaka area of Electoral Area B and issued on December 1, 2021, is RESCINDED to an Evacuation Alert for the following properties listed in the attached Schedules 1 and 2.
Due to the continued threat of flooding and because of the potential danger to life, health, and property damage, an Evacuation Alert for a low-lying properties in Electoral Area B remains in place.
Residents will be given as much notice as possible prior to evacuation, however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Please note, accommodations will continue until check out on Saturday, December 4, 2021.
For more information, contact the Emergency Operations Centre at 250-490-4225.
Mark Pendergraft, Chair
Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen
See Map Below
Please visit the RDOS EOC website for resource links and information updates: https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca/resources/
Interactive Map of RDOS Evacuation Orders and Alerts: https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca/interactive-map/
Schedule 1 – List of Properties
Plan KAPDD1315, District Lot 1186, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
District Lot 1186, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, Except Plan B1006 B6433 DD1315
Schedule 2 - Evacuation Alert Map
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, all residents and visitors on the property are advised to be prepared for an evacuation order by:
· Locating all family members and designating a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
· Packing essential items such as:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents and
- if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
· Preparing to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs contact the RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
· Preparing to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals
- Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help call: 250-809-7152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmers who require assistance contact the RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
· Arranging transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles. If transportation assistance is needed, contact the RDOS EOC.
· Please store your Fire Arms in accordance with Section 118 of the Fire Arms Act.
· Arranging accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
· Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor news sources including Civic Ready.
· Pre-register at ess.gov.bc.caor call 1-833-498-3770.
· Note you will need to either attend a reception center or call 250-490-4225 if the ALERT is expanded to an ORDER.