Electoral Area News
RDOS Overview video | services, taxation, governance
Regional districts provide rural residents, those living in unincorporated communities outside municipalities with an effective form of local government. Regional districts also represent municipal residents on regional issues such as emergency planning, mosquito control, regional trails and the solid waste management plan.
The RDOS covers a large geographic area from Manning Park to the west, bordering Peachland to the north, Anarchist Mountain to the east, and the United States border to the south. Just under 90,000 people live within the RDOS. That includes residents of the six member municipalities; Summerland, Penticton, Oliver, Osoyoos, Keremeos, and Princeton.
- Electoral Area A - Rural Osoyoos
- Electoral Area B - Cawston, Lower Similkameen
- Electoral Area C - Rural Oliver
- Electoral Area D - Skaha East, Okanagan Falls
- Electoral Area E - Naramata
- Electoral Area F - Greater West Bench, Rural Summerland, Okanagan Lake West
- Electoral Area G - Rural Keremeos, Hedley, Olalla
- Electoral Area H - Rural Princeton, Tulameen, Coalmont, Eastgate
- Electoral Area I - Skaha West, Kaleden, Apex