General Local Election - October 20, 2018
Notices of Election by Voting
- Notice No. 4-1 Election by Voting Area C
- Notice No. 4-1 Election by Voting Area D
- Notice No. 4-1 Election by Voting Area E
- Notice No. 4-1 Election by Voting Area F
- Notice No. 4-1 Election by Voting Area G
- Notice No. 4-1 Election by Voting Area I
To learn more about the Assent Voting opportunity for the residents residing in the Keremeos Fire Protection Service Area - Click Here
Declarations of Election by Voting
Local Government Elections, Saturday, October 20, 2018
Electors of the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen will elect an Electoral Area Director for a four year term ending in the fall of 2022.
Candidate Nomination Packages - Nomination Packages are available at the Regional District Office located at 101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC beginning July 27, 2018 during regular office hours.
One Assent Voting opportunity will occur in conjunction with the General Election on October 20, 2018. Voters in portions of Electoral Area B and Electoral Area G and Village of Keremeos will have an opportunity to vote in a referendum regarding the Keremeos Fire Truck Loan Authorization.
For more information Click Here
Legislation governing local government elections include:
- RDOS Bylaw No. 2798, 2018 consolidated
- Local Government Act Part 3
- Local Government Election Regulation, BC Reg. 380/93
- Local Election Campaign Financing act
- Financial Disclosure Act
- Financial Disclosure Act Reg. 32/2001
Hard copies of the legislation are available from the Regional District Office. These are provided for your convenience only; the official versions may be obtained from the Queen’s Printer, Crown Publications Inc., 521 Fort Street, Victoria, BC V8W 9K4 604 386-4636, or may be available at your public library.
You may wish to refer to the following websites for more information:
- ElectionsBC: www.elections.bc.ca/
- Provincial Government: www.gov.bc.ca/localelections