This toolkit is designed for multi-family housing in the RDOS to use for setting up and maintaining successful recycling programs. Multi-family housing includes apartments, condominiums, townhouses, mobile home parks, housing co-operatives, and developments serviced by private roads. The toolkit is intended for building owners, managers, and operators, strata managers and teams, local governments, and concerned citizens.
The How-to Guide will help you to learn what you can recycle, find the best hauler for you, store your recycling, add signage, and encourage your residents to recycle. Finally, it will guide you on how to monitor and measure success, and reduce waste disposal costs.
The resources referred to within the How-to Guide are found below.
How to Get a Recycling Collector
- Commercial Waste & Recycling Services Business Directory
- Questions to ask your hauler
- Guide: Are your waste bins the right size?
- Recycling program letter EXAMPLE – for new recycling programs
- Recycling program letter EXAMPLE – for enhanced recycling programs