Penticton Indian Band issues Evacuation Alert for Skaha Creek wildfire effective August 30 2021 at 3:30 pmNews Article
The Penticton Indian Band Council has authorized an Evacuation Alert for properties in Skaha Hills, Riva Ridge, Holiday Hills RV Resort, as well as in the PIB Lower Village south of Shingle Creek effective August 30, 2021 at 3:30 pm.
View the Notice of Evacuation Alert
View the list of civic addresses on Evacuation Alert. Some addresses may not be reflected in this list, please see the map below for the full boundaries of the Evacuation Alert area, or use the interactive map.
View the Evacuation Alert Map
Members of the public are invited to follow the PIB social media profiles listed below for current information:
- On Facebook you can find us at “sn’pinktn eoc”
- On Twitter you can find us at “@PibEoc”
- On Instagram you can find us at “@pibeoc”
What to do during an Evacuation Alert
An Evacuation Alert has been issued to prepare residents to evacuate premises or property should it be found necessary. Community members will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
- Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Pack essential items such as government-issued ID, medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information), immediate care needs for dependents and, if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbours, if assistance is needed.
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Arrange transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Pre-register with the Emergency Support Services upon receiving this alert. Follow this link ess.gov.bc.ca or call 1-800-585-9559.
- In the event of an Evacuation Order, community members who require assistance can visit the Emergency Support Services Reception Centre at 199 Ellis St, in Penticton.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor the PIB social media channels for information on evacuation orders.