EOC Update: Evacuation Order issued for Electoral Area D July 26, 2021News Article
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation ORDER has been issued by the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) due to immediate danger to life safety due to the Thomas Creek wildfire in Electoral Area D.
BC Wildfire Service will be expediting notifications and enforcement.
The Evacuation Order in effect has been issued for parcels with the following legal descriptions:
District Lot 285S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
Plan KAP1193, Sublot 3, District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, AFB
Plan KAP1193, Sublot 4, District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, AFB
Plan KAP1193, Sublot 6, District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
Plan KAP1193, Sublot 7, District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, AFB - FOREST RESERVE 23-8-60
Plan KAP1193, Sublot 16, District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
Plan KAP1193, Sublot 19, District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
District Lot 3639, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, Portion SE OF SUBLOT 19
Issued by Director of EOC
- All evacuees are asked to register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends if possible. Take pets with you if you can.
- If you require services, please visit the ESS Reception Centre at Royal Canadian Legion Branch 97, 36217 Main Street, Oliver.
- For ESS information, please call: 250-486-1890.
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please contact Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ORDER IS ISSUED
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Follow directions of emergency responders and travel designated or safest route available.
- Register as an evacuee at the designated Reception Centre or online: ess.gov.bc.ca
- If you need transportation assistance from evacuation area, call RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbor or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, contact RDOS EOC for assistance.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals should make arrangements when an Evacuation Alert is issued. Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152
- Farmers who require assistance, please call RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY