EOC Update: Evacuation Order rescinded for 28 parcels, now on Evacuation Alert July 26, 2021News Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) advises that the Nk’Mip Creek Wildfire Evacuation Order for 28 parcels (23 with civic addresses) issued on July 24, 2021 at 11:00 am has been Rescinded. The properties below previously under Evacuation Order are now on Evacuation Alert. All properties previously under Evacuation Alert will remain under Evacuation Alert.
BC Wildfire Service and the RDOS EOC are actively assessing the ongoing situation and should conditions deteriorate, Evacuation Orders may be issued for affected residents. Property owners will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to an Evacuation Order, however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
Proactive measures to prepare for an Evacuation Order are strongly advised. Please see the information listed below. A full list of properties and map are included below.
401 BURROWING OWL PL 4891 BLACK SAGE RD 489 BLACK HILLS RD
500 BURROWING OWL PL 4923 BLACK SAGE RD 487 SADDLE RIDGE RD
555 BURROWING OWL PL 5393 BLACK SAGE RD 481 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4039 BLACK SAGE RD 5407 BLACK SAGE RD 490 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4099 BLACK SAGE RD 5431 BLACK SAGE RD 495 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4119 BLACK SAGE RD 5477 BLACK SAGE RD 498 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4315 BLACK SAGE RD 420 BLACK HILLS RD 501 SADDLE RIDGE RD
4839 BLACK SAGE RD 475 BLACK HILLS RD
- All evacuees should register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends if possible. Take pets with you if you can.
- If you require services, please visit the ESS Reception Centre at Royal Canadian Legion Branch 97, 36217 Main Street, Oliver.
- For ESS information, please call: 250-486-1890.
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please contact Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152.
Issued by Director of EOC