EOC Update: Current Evacuation Alerts and Orders and search function July 30, 2021 12:45 pmNews Article
Please visit the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) interactive map to review Evacuation Alert and Order areas: emergency.rdos.bc.ca
Use the search function to enter an address, or zoom in and select a property.
Please note, for some addresses you may need to add ‘Okanagan Similkameen.’
Please click the links below to view current Evacuation Alerts and Orders for each Electoral Area:
- Brenda Creek wildfire Area “H” Evacuation Order
- Brenda Creek wildfire Area “H” Evacuation Alert
- Garrison Lake wildfire Area “H” Evacuation Order
- Garrison Lake wildfire Area “H” Evacuation Alert
- Nk’Mip Creek Wildfire Area “A” Evacuation Order Rescind
- Nk’Mip Creek wildfire Area “A” and “C” Evacuation Order
- See Schedule 1 and 2 (Please refer to link above for Evacuation Order Rescind)
- Nk’Mip Creek wildfire Area “A” Evacuation Alert
- Nk’Mip Creek wildfire Area “C” Evacuation Alert
- Thomas Creek wildfire Area “D” Evacuation Alert
On Wednesday, July 28, 2021 the RDOS EOC deployed a rapid damage assessment team to confirm damage to structures in Electoral Area “C” due to the Nk’Mip Creek wildfire.
The RDOS has contacted three property owners directly and can confirm damage to structures including one principal residence, an RV and a number of out buildings.
- Due to immediate danger to life safety, please stay out of areas under Evacuation Order
Issued by EOC Director
- If you are an evacuee, please register with Emergency Support Services (ESS)
This will assist with the notification process: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Please respect Area Restriction Notices and avoid travelling in the backcountry on an ATV or other vehicle. This will help reduce the risk of causing a spark that could lead to a wildfire.
- Stay out of areas under Evacuation Order for your safety and the safety of crews
- Avoid operational areas including Skaha Lake and Osoyoos Lake
- Please stay clear of BCWS camps to ensure privacy and avoid traffic issues or congestion
- Road conditions: drivebc.ca
- BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the lead agency for information about wildfires
Current wildfire activity: bcwildfire.ca
- To view the July 29 video update, please visit RDOS YouTube channel
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ALERT IS ISSUED
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order:
Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, call RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- For pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmers who require assistance, please contact RDOS EOC.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- If transportation assistance is needed, contact RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor news sources including CivicReady.