Demolition & Renovation / New Construction / Burned Structures
RDOS Administered Landfill Disposal Details
Scroll down for following information:
- Demolishing, Renovating or Altering an Existing Structure
- Asbestos Disposal at RDOS Managed Landfills
- Lead Based Material Disposal
- New Construction - CONSTRUCTION MIXED LOAD Materials
- BURNED MATERIAL Structures
Demolishing, Renovating or Altering a Structure:
- The Waste Disposal Application can be filled in electronically – save to your computer before filling out
- The Okanagan Falls Landfill - DRC Sorting Site offers significantly lower tipping fees for co-mingled assessed demolition/renovation materials with an Approved RDOS WDA (Service Area Rate $120 M/T, Non-Service Area Rate $145 M/T)
Asbestos Disposal at RDOS Landfills
Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM) is received at the Campbell Mountain and Oliver Landfills following strict hauling protocols. Contact the RDOS well in advance to schedule a Landfill disposal appointment to ensure safe and timely disposal.
c. Management of Waste Asbestos – Province of BC Link
Lead Based Material Disposal at RDOS Landfills
Before Demolishing, Renovating, or Altering a structure view the following document:
New Construction - CONSTRUCTION MIXED LOAD Materials:
CONSTRUCTION MIXED LOAD are materials that are generated from new construction, where no existing structure has been altered, and that contains two or more RECYCLABLE building materials from a new construction site.
If you are altering an existing structure! - Any projects that alter any existing structures will be deemed Demolition or Renovation materials, and applicants must follow the RDOS Landfill Waste Disposal Application process for these materials (See Demolition and Renovation Materials above).
For CONSTRUCTION MIXED LOAD from only new construction (no existing structures are being altered):
BURNED MATERIAL Structures:
For Landfill acceptance, procedures and times – follow the Steps and Notes in the attached document:
BURNED MATERIAL for Structures - Request Landfill Appointment Form (Before hauling, complete and email form to confirm landfill haul dates)
- RDOS Administered Landfills Fees & Charges Bylaw and RDOS Administered Landfills Regulatory Bylaw