EOC Update: Evacuation Alert issued for Electoral Area H (Rural Princeton)News Article
Wednesday, December 29, 2021 5:00 pm
Due to the threat of flooding as a result of ice jams on the Similkameen River, and because of the potential danger to life, health, and property damage, the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) has issued an Evacuation Alert for the properties listed in Schedule 1 and shown in Schedule 2.
Schedule 1 – List of Properties
1260 HIGHWAY 3
1264 HIGHWAY 3
1306 HIGHWAY 3
Visit http://emergency.rdos.bc.ca for helpful links and information, or call the EOC: 250-490-4225
Click the interactive map for list of Evacuation Alerts.
For further information, please call the EOC Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm at 250-490-4225. If you would like to leave a message, the EOC phone is being monitored and your call will be returned as soon as possible. In the case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Issued by EOC Director
See map below
Schedule 2 – Map of Properties
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, all residents and visitors on the property are advised to be prepared for an evacuation order by:
• Locating all family members and designating a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
• Packing essential items such as:
valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
immediate care needs for dependents and
if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
• Preparing to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
If you identify as having extraordinary needs contact the RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
• Preparing to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
Pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals
Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help call: 250-809-7152 or email email@example.com
Farmers who require assistance contact the RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
• Arranging transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
If transportation assistance is needed, contact the RDOS EOC.
• Please store your Fire Arms in accordance with Section 118 of the Fire Arms Act.
• Arranging accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
• Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor news sources including Civic Ready.
• Pre-register at ess.gov.bc.ca or call 250-486-1890.
• Note you will need to either attend a reception centre or call 250-490-4225 if the ALERT is expanded to an ORDER.