EOC Update: Evacuation ORDER issued for Electoral Area H (Rural Princeton)News Article
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 1:00 pm
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation ORDER has been issued by the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) due to the immediate danger to life and property due to flooding along the Similkameen River in Electoral Area H, evacuation of properties in Schedule 1 is to commence immediately.
RCMP will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following properties listed in the attached Schedules 1 and 2.
Schedule 1 – List of Properties
1260 HIGHWAY 3
1285 HIGHWAY 3
1261 HIGHWAY 3
1295 HIGHWAY 3
1264 HIGHWAY 3
1301 HIGHWAY 3
1269 HIGHWAY 3
1306 HIGHWAY 3
1277 HIGHWAY 3
1309 HIGHWAY 3
Mark Pendergraft, Chair
Regional District of Okanagan Similkameen
See Map Below
Please visit the RDOS EOC website for resource links and information updates: https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca/resources/
Interactive Map of RDOS Evacuation Orders and Alerts:
Schedule 2 – Map of Properties
- All evacuees are asked to register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends if possible. Take pets with you if you can.
- If you require services or information, please contact Emergency Support Services if you are unable to register online: 1-833-498-3770
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please contact Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152
Once you are evacuated from your home, if you have not already done so, please register for CivicReady to receive notifications by phone, email and text.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ORDER IS ISSUED
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Follow directions of emergency responders and travel designated or safest route available.
- Register as an evacuee at the designated Reception Centre or online: ess.gov.bc.ca
- If you need transportation assistance from evacuation area, call RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbor or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, contact RDOS EOC for assistance.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals should make arrangements when an Evacuation Alert is issued.
Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152
- Farmers who require assistance, please call RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY