Mail-In Ballot Voting
Voters in the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen are eligible to vote using a mail-in ballot if they:
- Have a physical disability, illness or injury that affects their ability to vote at another voting opportunity.
- Expect to be absent from the Regional District on voting day and at the times of all advance voting opportunities.
- Voters who reside in East Gate Manning Park of Electoral Area 'H' are eligible to use a mail-in ballot, without meeting the above two requirements, as it is remote from the voting places.
To receive a mail-in ballot package you must first submit a Mail-in Ballot Application and two (2) pieces of identification to the Regional District office. It is the responsibility of the elector to ensure there is sufficient time to receive and submit the Mail-in Ballot Application form to the Regional District office in order to receive a voting package prior to 4:30pm on October 19, 2018.
- Application to Vote by Mail - All Electoral Areas
- Application to Vote by Mail - Village of Keremeos, Electoral Area "B" and Electoral Area "G" (for Keremeos Fire Truck Acquisition Loan Authorization Assent Vote ONLY)
If there is no challenge to registering you as an eligible elector, your name will be placed on a list to receive a mail-in ballot package. The mail-in ballot package contains instructions, a ballot and the necessary return envelopes that will protect the secrecy of your vote.
Non-Resident Property Electors must also complete Non-Resident Property Elector Application and Non-Resident Property Elector Consent forms to accompany the mail-in ballot application.
In order for your ballot to be counted in the election, it is your responsibility to return the mail-in ballot package to the Regional District Office no later than 4:30 pm on October 19, 2018 or by 8:00 pm on General Voting day, Saturday, October 20, 2018 at the polling station for the Electoral Area in which you are voting.