Stu moved to Osoyoos from Penticton at an early age with his family. He spent a brief period of his life in Vancouver but he has always called the Okanagan Valley home.
He has been blessed with two children, Spencer and Taryn. He is a proud grandfather to Vienna who recently celebrated her first birthday.
Besides having a vested interest in the Town of Osoyoos, Stu enjoys travelling, sailing, golf and spending time with family and friends.
In his working career Stu enjoyed 35 years with BC Tel and Telus.
Over the years, he has served our community in many differing capacities:
- Mayor for the Town of Osoyoos – currently;
- Vice Chair of the Okanagan Basin Water Board – currently;
- Member of the Osoyoos Lake Water Quality Society - currently;
- Osoyoos Desert Society on the Executive for 5 years and Volunteer Guide - currently;
- Director of Okanagan Regional Library Board – currently;
- Innovative Cherry Grower and Marketer – 20 years;
- School Board Trustee - 11 years;
- Chairman Community Futures and board Member - 5 years;
- Member of the Okanagan Basin Stewardship Council – 4 years;
- Councillor for the Town of Osoyoos Councillor - 3 years;
- Local Chair of the acclaimed Osoyoos Lake Water Science Forum in conjunction with the International Joint Commission in Ottawa and Washington, DC