What We Do
Under the policies and directives of the Board of the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), the Okanagan-Similkameen Regional Hospital District (OSRHD), the Department provides legislative and administrative services and support to the Boards, their committees, other departments and the public by:
- Production and distribution of RDOS & OSRHD Board and Committee agendas and schedule of meetings;
- Ensuring accurate recording of the proceedings of the Boards and their Committees, and the timely preservation and communication of all official minutes of Board business;
- Conveying decisions of the Board for action or information;
- Processing and certifying RDOS & OSRHD bylaws;
- Conducting democratic elections and elector approval processes;
- Providing reception/information services for the public and secretarial services for Board Members.
- Directing and coordinating corporate policy, strategies and objectives.
- Implementing Board priorities.
- Investigating and establishing new RDOS services.
- Processing Freedom of Information applications made to the RDOS.