EOC Update: Keremeos Creek wildfire (K50863) August 5, 2022, 12:30 pmNews Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) has issued ongoing Evacuation Alerts and Orders due to the Keremeos Creek wildfire. Current information below.
The EOC is reminding residents and property owners that it is not too late to FireSmart your property. Taking steps now to reduce the fuel on your property is an effective way of protecting your home from a wildfire. Heavy water use can also negatively impact smaller water systems and could hinder firefighting efforts. Please don’t leave sprinklers running at your property.
For further information, please visit https://firesmart.rdos.bc.ca/ or contact RDOS FireSmart Coordinator Kerry Riess at 250-490-4225.
Electoral Areas G and I, and Village of Keremeos at this time:
Evacuation Order: 547 properties
Evacuation Alert: 1,050 properties
Please check the interactive map to confirm whether your property is on Evacuation Order or Alert: Interactive Map | Emergency Operations Centre (rdos.bc.ca) (Click on the magnifying glass top right and enter your property address. Please call the EOC if you have questions: 250-490-4225
If you are in an area on Evacuation Alert, you must be prepared to leave on short notice. Please maintain situational awareness by monitoring BC Wildfire Service and RDOS websites and social media channels.
Click here to learn what to do when an Evacuation Alerts or Orders are issued.
ESS registrations as of August 4, 2022, 11:00 pm: 361
Emergency Support Services (ESS): 250-328-8749
Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA): ess.gov.bc.ca
If you are on an Evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from your home due to an emergency, please self-register for ESS. Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA): ess.gov.bc.ca
A reception centre is set up at Princess Margaret Secondary, 120 Green Ave., Penticton.
- Hours for August 5, 2022: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- If you need transportation assistance, please call 250-490-4225
- If you have insurance, please check with your provider
ALERT(Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team: 250-809-7152
Visit the RDOS YouTube channel to view the latest video update on the Keremeos Creek wildfire.
Current Evacuation Alerts and Orders in Electoral Areas “G” and “I”, and Village of Keremeos
August 4, 2022
- Evacuation Order Additional homes south of Olalla along Highway 3A
- Evacuation Alert South of Olalla and areas within the Village of Keremeos
- Evacuation OrderAll of Olalla along highway 3A
- Evacuation Order West side of Olalla, Highway 3A
- Evacuation Alert Farleigh Lake area and the Marron Lake area on Highway 3A
August 3, 2022
- Evacuation Alert Grand Oro Road in Electoral Areas G and I, and two properties on Highway 3A (714 and 760 Hwy 3A)
August 1, 2022
- Evacuation AlertExpanded Alert Area
- Evacuation OrderSheep Creek Road south to Olalla along Highway 3
- Evacuation Order Apex Mountain Village
- Evacuation Alert Expanded Alert Area
July 30, 2022
- Evacuation Order North Sheep Creek Road Area
- Evacuation Alert North of Highway 3 and Apex Mountain Area
July 29, 2022
- Evacuation Order Green Mountain Road in the vicinity of Ford Lake
- Evacuation Alert Green Mountain Road in the vicinity of Ford Lake
Voyent Alert! notifications
Click here to register for routine and emergency notifications via email, text, or telephone.
You can also find a link to Voyent Alert! on the RDOS website: www.rdos.bc.ca
For further information, please call the EOC at 250-490-4225.
In the case of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Issued by EOC Director