EOC Update: Current Evacuation Alerts and Orders and ESS renewal for evacuees July 25, 2021News Article
Emergency Support Services (ESS)
Evacuees on Evacuation Order who require further services: extensions will be provided starting Monday, July 26, 2021
For evacuees whose support services expire Monday, July 26, the Reception Centre at Oliver Legion will be open (July 26) between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm to provide support. If you've left the area and will not be returning to Oliver to receive support, please call ESS: 250-486-1890
For evacuees whose support services expire Tuesday, July 27, the Reception Centre at Oliver Legion will be open between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm (July 27).
The call centre will be open Tuesday, July 27.
If you do not attend the Reception Centre in person after your support services exprire, call centre volunteers will contact you to confirm whether you require additional services.
Garrison Lake wildfire
- An Evacuation Order was issued for two (2) properties on Saturday, July 24, 2021 at 8:00 pm
- Search and Rescue provided notice to property owners
- 139 properties remain on Evacuation Alert due to the Garrison Lake wildfire, east of East Gate
Nk’Mip Creek wildfire
There has been no change to the Evacuation Orders and Alerts within the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS), since Saturday, July 24, 2021.
- 568 properties remain on Evacuation Order
- 136 properties remain on Evacuation Alert
Brenda Creek wildfire
- 41 properties (42 parcels) remain on Evacuation Order
- Two (2) properties remain on Evacuation Alert
Thomas Creek wildfire
- 705 properties remain on Evacuation Alert
- Visitors should be mindful of BCWS operations, Evacuation Alerts and Orders
- Check drivebc.ca for latest road updates including highway closures
- The Regional District strongly recommends anyone on Evacuation Order to leave the area immediately for your safety and to allow BC Wildfire and crews to work within the evacuated area
- Avoid operational areas, including Skaha Lake and Osoyoos Lake and respect Area Restrictions
- If you are on Evacuation Alert, please pre-register at ess.gov.bc.ca and make a plan if you are to evacuate
Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB) EOC
OIB would like to thank everyone for their continued support.
OIB is still accepting donations of water, Gatorade, pet food, and grocery cards.
Donations can be arranged through email: email@example.com
All Evacuation Orders and Alerts will remain in place today (July 25, 2021).
OIB leadership would like to encourage Band Members to check on each other, let people know where you are and that you are ok.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ALERT IS ISSUED
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order:
Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, call RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- For pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Farmers who require assistance, please contact RDOS EOC.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- If transportation assistance is needed, contact RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor news sources including CivicReady.