EOC Update: Current Evacuation Alerts and Orders July 24, 2021 11:30 amNews Article
Visit Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) YouTube channel to view video updates.
Click here to view the July 24, 2021 video update
Click here to view the July 23, 2021 video update (includes BC Wildfire Service)
An Evacuation ALERT for 141 properties has been issued by the RDOS due to the Garrison Lake wildfire, east of East Gate.
Nk’Mip Creek wildfire
An additional two (2) properties have been placed on Evacuation Order in Electoral Area “C”
- 568 properties on Evacuation Order
- 136 properties on Evacuation Alert
Brenda Creek wildfire
- 41 properties (42 parcels) on Evacuation Order
- Two (2) properties on Evacuation Alert
Thomas Creek wildfire
- 705 properties on Evacuation Alert
- Visitors should be mindful of BCWS operations, Evacuation Alerts and Orders
- Check drivebc.ca for latest road updates including highway closures
- Avoid operational areas, including Skaha Lake and Osoyoos Lake and respect Area Restrictions
- One structure and one camper (RV) lost due to Nk’Mip Creek wildfire
Visit BC Wildfire Service website for wildfire updates.
Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB): visit OIB community Facebook page
OIB has updated the Evacuation Order area.
ESS volunteers are working on standby this weekend.
If you require assistance, please call 250-486-1890 between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm.
Are you prepared?
To be ready, know your hazards and follow PreparedBC’s guides to prepare yourself, your family, home or business in case an evacuation is ordered. Health Evacuation Guidelines for COVID-19 have been developed by Emergency Management BC.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ALERT IS ISSUED
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order:
Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, call RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- For pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152 or email email@example.com
- Farmers who require assistance, please contact RDOS EOC.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- If transportation assistance is needed, contact RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor news sources including CivicReady.