EOC Update: Keremeos Creek wildfire (K50863) August, 2, 2022, 4:00 pmNews Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) has issued the following Evacuation Alerts and Orders due to the Keremeos Creek wildfire.
Interactive Map showing Evacuation Orders and Alerts
Properties within Electoral Area “G”:
Evacuation Alert: 197
Evacuation Order: 24
Properties within Electoral Area “I":
Evacuation Alert: 241
Evacuation Order: 300
Total properties within the RDOS:
Evacuation Order: 324
Evacuation Alert: 438
August 1, 2022
- Evacuation AlertExpanded Alert Area
- Evacuation OrderSheep Creek Road south to Olalla along Highway 3
- Evacuation Order Apex Mountain Village
- Evacuation Alert Expanded Alert Area
July 30, 2022
- Evacuation Order North Sheep Creek Road Area
- Evacuation Alert North of Highway 3 and Apex Mountain Area
July 29, 2022
- Evacuation Order Green Mountain Road in the vicinity of Ford Lake
- Evacuation Alert Green Mountain Road in the vicinity of Ford Lake
To confirm whether your property is on Evacuation Alert or Order, please visit the interactive map on the RDOS Emergency Operations Centre website: emergency.rdos.bc.ca
Click here to learn what to do when an Evacuation Alert or Order is issued.
For information about the Keremeos Creek Wildfire, please visit BCWildfire.ca.
Visit the RDOS YouTube channel to view the update recorded on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, 2:00 pm.
Temporary Access Permits for areas under Evacuation Order are for emergency access only.
Crews and equipment are working in the area to protect infrastructure and homes. The RCMP and other private security are controlling access and protecting properties on Evacuation Order. Please check DriveBC for the latest on road and highway closures.
If you are in an area under Evacuation Alert, please make arrangements to relocate animals or livestock.
Contact ALERT(Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team for assistance: 250-809-7152
The RDOS is aware of volatile wildfire conditions, which are visible from properties in the Keremeos Area, including Olalla. If conditions become worse or threaten homes, BC Wildfire Service will make recommendations to expand Evacuation Alert or Order areas.
Please maintain situational awareness by monitoring BC Wildfire Service and RDOS websites and social media channels.
Emergency Support Services (ESS): 250-486-1890
If you are on an Evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from your home due to an emergency, please self-register for ESS. Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA): ess.gov.bc.ca
A reception centre is set up at Princess Margaret Secondary, 120 Green Ave., Penticton if you require immediate assistance.
- Hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Due to a shortage of commercial/hotel accommodation, consider arranging to stay with family or friends if possible.
- Take pets with you.
- If you need transportation assistance, please call 250-490-4231.
- If you have insurance, check with your provider.
Voyent Alert! notifications
Click here to register for routine and emergency notifications via email, text, or telephone.
You can also find a link to Voyent Alert! on the RDOS website: www.rdos.bc.ca
For further information, please call the EOC at 250-490-4225. In the case of an emergency, call 9-1-1.
Issued by EOC Director