- Open Sundays and Wednesday from March to end November. Hours below.
- New Regulations and Fees start April 15th, 2018. See below for details.
Transfer Facility Information
Hours of Operation
- 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Sundays
- Open Wednesdays (March 1st until end November only!) from Noon - 4:00 p.m.
The Keremeos Landfill accepts waste and recycling only from the following areas:
- Village of Keremeos
- Electoral Area 'B' (Cawston)
- Electoral Area 'G' (Hedley, Olalla)
Regulations and Fees
Regulations Bylaw: definitions/rules
Off Keremeos Bypass Road on El Rancho Drive.
Click here to view map.
Contact 250-490-4129 or toll free 1-877-610-3737 for more information.
Before you go
- You can save a lot of money if your loads contain only separated materials. Please get to know the items that can be recycled and what items aren't allowed in the landfill.
- If you have further questions you can contact our Solid Waste Hotline at 250-490-4129, toll free 1-877-610-3737 or e-mail email@example.com.
- Remember to tarp all loads or fees will be doubled.
Recycling and Composting
Save money and reduce the amount of garbage you generate by separating recyclable or compostable materials from refuse.
See the following links for recycling and composting information:
- general information on composting
- information on where you can recycle items such as paint, batteries and used motor oil, refer to the "Where Can I Recycle" section of the website.
Prohibited Waste (Hazardous Waste)
Some kinds of waste are prohibited from garbage disposal at the Keremeos Landfill. These include, but are not limited to biomedical waste, liquid waste, radioactive waste, flammable or ignitable wastes, and oil.
Contact the RDOS at 250-490-4129, toll free 1877-610-3737 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out ways to dispose of this waste.