EOC Update: Evacuation Alert issued for Tulameen and Coalmont in Electoral Area H.News Article
Monday, November 18, 2021 10:00 am
EOC Update: Evacuation Alert issued for Tulameen and Coalmont in Electoral Area H
Due to the threat of flooding in the areas outlined below; and because of the potential danger to life, health, and property damage, the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen has issued an Evacuation Alert for the communities of Tulameen, Coalmont, and Otter Lake in Electoral Area H.
See maps below.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN ALERT IS IN EFFECT
Upon notification of an ALERT, all residents and visitors on the property are advised to be prepared for an evacuation order by:
- Locating all family members and designating a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Packing essential items such as:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents and
- if time and space permits, keepsakes for quick departure.
- Preparing to move disabled persons, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs contact the RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Preparing to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- Pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals
- Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help call: 250-809-7152or email email@example.com
- Farmers who require assistance contact the RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- Arranging transportation for all your household members. Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles. If transportation assistance is needed, contact the RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Fire Arms in accordance with Section 118 of the Fire Arms Act.
- Arranging accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating. Monitor news sources including Civic Ready.
- Pre-register at ess.gov.bc.ca
- Note you will need to either attend a reception center or call 250-490-4225 if the ALERT is expanded to an ORDER.
Visit http://emergency.rdos.bc.ca for helpful links and information, or call the EOC: 250-490-4225
Click the interactive map for current information including Evacuation Orders and Alerts.
For further information, please call the EOC during regular business hours Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm
Issued by EOC Director
Schedule 1 – Evacuation Alert for Electoral Area H (Rural Princeton)