EOC Update: current wildfire informationNews Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) remains activated in support of BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) operations in the region. Current information for residents, property owners and visitors is posted on the EOC website and RDOS social media channels.
RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
There are currently three wildfires of note impacting the RDOS:
• Garrison Lake (Eastgate/Manning Park)
• Nk’Mip Creek (east of Oliver)
• Thomas Creek (east of Okanagan Falls)
The Cool Creek and Fat Dog Creek wildfires are also being monitored by the EOC.
The EOC is in regular communication with BCWS to assess the status of all Evacuation Alerts and Orders within the RDOS. Please visit the interactive map to review Evacuation Alert and Order areas: emergency.rdos.bc.ca Use the search function to enter an address, or zoom in and select a property. Please note, for some addresses you may need to add ‘Okanagan Similkameen.’
Emergency Support Services (ESS)
Please register online: ess.gov.bc.ca or call 250-486-1890 for information.
Livestock owners are ultimately responsible for animals under their control. Emergency Management BC (EMBC) has a livestock policy to support commercial livestock that are part of a commercial farm/ranch business: emergency.rdos.bc.ca
- Stay out of areas under Evacuation Order for your safety and the safety of crews
- Stay out of operational areas
- Please respect Area Restriction Notices and avoid travelling in the backcountry on an ATV or other vehicle. This will help reduce the risk of causing a spark that could cause a wildfire.
- Please stay clear of BCWS camps to ensure privacy and avoid traffic issues or congestion
- Road conditions: drivebc.ca
- BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the lead agency for information about wildfires
Current wildfire activity: bcwildfire.ca
Issued by EOC Director