EOC Update: Evacuation Alert issued for Electoral Area G due to Cool Creek wildfire July 29, 2021 1:00 pmNews Article
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation ALERT has been issued by the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) due to the Cool Creek wildfire, north of Cathedral Provincial Park.
An Evacuation Alert prepares residents to evacuate the area should an Evacuation Order be issued.
BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) and the RDOS are actively monitoring the situation and should conditions deteriorate, Evacuation Orders may be issued. As much advance notice as possible will be provided prior to an Evacuation Order, however you may receive limited notice to due changing conditions.
District Lot 2056S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District 2211 Ewart Creek Rd.
District Lot 2200S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
District Lot 2391S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
District Lot 2864S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
District Lot 3235S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, Ranger Station – Cathedral Provincial Park
District Lot 3236S, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
The Evacuation Alert is in effect for the following addresses:
Issued by Director of EOC
See map below
Proactive measures to prepare for an Evacuation Order are strongly advised. Information on responsibility during an alert are included in this notice.
- All evacuees should register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends if possible. Take pets with you if you can.
- For ESS information, please call: 250-486-1890
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please contact Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152
- Visit the RDOS EOC website for resource links and information updates: https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca/resources/
To be ready, know your hazards and follow PreparedBC’s guides to prepare yourself, your family, home or business in case an evacuation is ordered. Health Evacuation Guidelines for COVID-19 have been developed by Emergency Management BC.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ALERT IS ISSUED
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order:
Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, call RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- For pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152 or email email@example.com
- Farmers who require assistance, please contact RDOS EOC.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- If transportation assistance is needed, contact RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor news sources including CivicReady.