EOC Update: Current Evacuation Alerts and Orders and ESS July 26, 2021 4:00 pmNews Article
To view video updates, please visit the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) YouTube channel.
Click here to view the Monday, July 26, 2021 2:00 pm video update.
Current Evacuation Alerts and Orders - RDOS
Please consult local government websites to confirm Evacuation Alerts and Orders for municipalites and other regional districts.
The RDOS is sharing Evacuation Alerts and Orders on behalf of Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB).
Nk’Mip Creek wildfire (updated July 26, 2021)
An Area Restriction notice has been issued by BC Wildfire Service.
- 545 properties on Evacuation Order
- 159 properties on Evacuation Alert
- One structure and one camper (RV) lost due to Nk’Mip Creek wildfire
- Impact to structures will be confirmed by the RDOS upon independent verification
Brenda Creek wildfire
- 41 properties (42 parcels) on Evacuation Order
- 2 properties on Evacuation Alert
Thomas Creek wildfire
- 705 properties on Evacuation Alert
Emergency Support Services (ESS)
If you require assistance, please call 250-486-1890 between 9:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Visitors should be mindful of BCWS operations, Evacuation Alerts and Orders
- Check drivebc.ca for latest road updates including highway closures
- Avoid operational areas, including Skaha Lake and Osoyoos Lake and respect Area Restrictions
- Please stay clear of wildfire camps to ensure privacy and avoid traffic issues or congestion
- Please respect Area Restriction Notices and avoid travelling on ATVs and other vehicles in the backcountry
Osoyoos Indian Band (OIB): visit OIB community Facebook page
OIB has updated the Evacuation Order area.
Are you prepared?
To be ready, know your hazards and follow PreparedBC’s guides to prepare yourself, your family, home or business in case an evacuation is ordered. Health Evacuation Guidelines for COVID-19 have been developed by Emergency Management BC.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ALERT IS ISSUED
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order:
Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbors, if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, call RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- For pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152 or email email@example.com
- Farmers who require assistance, please contact RDOS EOC.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- If transportation assistance is needed, contact RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor news sources including CivicReady.