EOC Update: Thomas Creek wildfire in Electoral Area DNews Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) continues to monitor the Thomas Creek wildfire in Electoral Area D and the potential threat to life and property.
Currently, the Thomas Creek wildfire is classified by BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) as out of control. The wildfire does not currently pose an imminent risk to structures, and 704 properties remain on Evacuation Alert. BCWS continues to provide web and social media updates. For questions regarding the Evacuation Alert, please contact the RDOS EOC at 250-490-4225.
Residents on Evacuation Alert (see map below) should be prepared to leave at a moment's notice. PreparedBC is a helpful online resource to help your family prepare for emergency events including information about how to plan and what to pack.
- All properties under Evacuation Alert are asked to register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Please note, the ESS Reception Centre in Penticton is now closed.
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please contact Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152.
- Please avoid the area from Heritage Hills to Skaha Estates, including Eastside Road and Skaha Lake, due to ongoing wildfire operations.
- Boaters and pleasure craft operators are reminded to avoid Skaha Lake to allow air crews to conduct operations safely.
Thank you to BC Wildfire Service, local fire departments, RCMP, PENSAR, BC Emergency Health Services, Interior Health, Penticton Indian Band, ALERT, ESS volunteers and the City of Penticton as well as local and regional media. The RDOS understands this is a challenging time for residents, business owners and visitors. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.
Issued by Director of RDOS EOC
Please visit the RDOS EOC website for resource links and updates:
Interactive Map of RDOS Evacuation Alerts and Orders: