EOC Update: Thomas Creek wildfire in Electoral Area DNews Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) continues to monitor the Thomas Creek wildfire in Electoral Area D, and the potential threat to life and property.
On July 11, 2021, an Evacuation Order, Evacuation Alert and State of Local Emergency (SOLE) were issued by the RDOS. The EOC will continue working with BC Wildfire Service to provide updates.
Currently, the Thomas Creek wildfire is considered out of control, and estimated at 500 hectares. The wildfire does not currently post an imminent risk to structures. EOC: 250-490-4225
The next video update will be broadcast on Webex Tuesday, July 13, 2021 at 10:00 am. Password: RD@S
If you have any issues connecting to the Webex link, please call: 1-833-311-4101
Event number (access code): 146 367 5709
You can also view the video update on the RDOS YouTube channel.
- If you are under an Evacuation ORDER and ALERT, please register online with the Emergency Support Services Evacuee Registration & Assistance tool (ERA): ess.gov.bc.ca.
- Please contact your insurance company to confirm your coverage.
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends.
- If you require services, please visit the ESS Reception Centre at 199 Ellis Street, Penticton.
- ESS information: 250-486-1890. (8:00 am – 6:00 pm)
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please call Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152.
- Please avoid the area from Heritage Hills to Skaha Estates including Eastside Road and Skaha Lake, due to ongoing operations.
- Boaters and pleasure craft operators are reminded to avoid Skaha Lake to allow air crews conduct operations safely.
Thank you to BC Wildfire Service, local fire departments, RCMP, PENSAR, BC Emergency Health Services, Interior Health, Penticton Indian Band, Emergency Support Services volunteers and the City of Penticton as well as local and regional media. The RDOS understands this is a challenging time for residents, business owners and visitors. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated.
Issued by EOC Director