EOC Update: Evacuation Alerts and Orders August 4, 2021 1:30 pmNews Article
The Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) remains activated in support of BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) operations in the region. The EOC was activated on July 11, 2021 and staff continue to ensure residents, property owners and visitors have the services and information they need.
There are currently four wildfires of note impacting the RDOS:
• Garrison Lake (Eastgate/Manning Park)
• Nk’Mip Creek (east of Oliver)
• Thomas Creek (east of Okanagan Falls)
• Brenda Creek (northwest of Summerland)
The Cool Creek and Fat Dog Creek wildfires are also being monitored by the EOC.
The EOC is in regular communication with BCWS to assess the status of all Evacuation Alerts and Orders within the RDOS.
Here is a list as of August 3, 2021 at 4:30 pm:
Please note, 20 properties remain under Evacuation Alert in the Town of Oliver.
Evacuation Alert RESCIND issued for Electoral Area D August 4, 2021 at 3:00 pm.
631 properties removed from Evacuation Alert in Area D.
Evacuees who are under Evacuation Order for 10 days or longer may qualify for a one-time payment of $1,200. The B.C. government is teaming up with the Canadian Red Cross to provide B.C. households impacted by wildfire with a one-time payment of $1,200. To be eligible for the payment, evacuees must be evacuated from their primary residence due to wildfire. These payments will not impact eligibility for supports provided through the Emergency Support Services (ESS) program.
To register, call the Canadian Red Cross: 1-800-863-6582 (9:00 am to 5:00 pm PST)
Payments will be sent by e-transfer. For those under Evacuation Order for more than 10 consecutive days, applications will be accepted until 30 days after the Evacuation Order is lifted.
Livestock owners are ultimately responsible for animals under their control. Emergency Management BC (EMBC) has a livestock policy to support commercial livestock that are part of a commercial farm/ranch business. Please click here for important information for commercial owners relocating their livestock and those providing shelter or transport for relocated livestock.
Please visit the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen Emergency Operations Centre (RDOS EOC) interactive map to review Evacuation Alert and Order areas: emergency.rdos.bc.ca
Use the search function to enter an address, or zoom in and select a property.
Please note, for some addresses you may need to add ‘Okanagan Similkameen.’
• If you are an evacuee, please register with Emergency Support Services (ESS)
This will assist with the notification process: ess.gov.bc.ca
• Please respect Area Restriction Notices and avoid travelling in the backcountry on an ATV or other vehicle. This will help reduce the risk of causing a spark that could lead to a wildfire.
• Stay out of areas under Evacuation Order for your safety and the safety of crews
• Avoid operational areas including Skaha Lake and Osoyoos Lake
• Please stay clear of BCWS camps to ensure privacy and avoid traffic issues or congestion
• Road conditions: drivebc.ca
• BC Wildfire Service (BCWS) is the lead agency for information about wildfires
Current wildfire activity: bcwildfire.ca
Issued by EOC Director