This toolkit is designed for businesses, companies, and organizations in the RDOS to use for setting up and maintaining successful recycling programs. It is intended for business owners and managers, building operators, green teams, local governments, and concerned citizens.
The How-to Guide will help you to understand your business’s needs, get people involved, find out what you can recycle, find a hauler, store your recycling, add signage, and begin your new or improved recycling program. Finally, it will guide you on how to monitor and measure success, and reduce waste disposal costs.
The resources referred to within the How-to Guide are found below.
- How to conduct a waste audit
- Waste audit data collection sheet
- Waste audit data collection sheet – completed example
Getting a Recycling Service Provider
In Your Business Resources
- Green Team starter kit
- Signage and colour scheme best practices
- Recycling program letter EXAMPLE
- Guide: Are your waste bins the right size?
- Recycling sign EXAMPLES (with icons)
- Recycling sign EXAMPLES (with photographs)