EOC Update: Evacuation Alert issued for a specified area along the Similkameen River in Electoral Area HNews Article
Thursday, November 25, 2021 11:00 am
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, an Evacuation Alert has been issued by the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen (RDOS) due to the potential danger to life, health, and property damage, the RDOS has issued an Evacuation Alert for a specified are along the Similkameen River south east of Princeton in Electoral Area H.
An Evacuation Alert prepares residents to evacuate the area should an Evacuation Order be issued. As much advance notice as possible will be provided prior to an Evacuation Order, however you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions. RCMP will be expediting this action.
See the list of properties in Schedule 1 and map of properties in Schedule 2.
Schedule 1 – List of Properties for Similkameen Area
407 HIGHWAY 3
561 STEVENSON CREEK RD
563 STEVENSON CREEK RD
556 STEVENSON CREEK RD
520 STEVENSON CREEK RD
298 OLD COPPER MTN RD
426 OLD COPPER MTN RD
438 OLD COPPER MTN RD
586 EAST SIMILKAMEEN RD
588 EAST SIMILKAMEEN
Lot 2, Plan KAP12451, District Lot 277, Yale Div of Yale Land District, CANCELLED LEASE - LBF 3403513
District Lot 981, Yale Div of Yale Land District
District Lot 1822, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, Except Plan A301 A885 B3515 B4753 B5355 B5782 B6032 B6156 6477 11247 9192 30383, EX PL DD121768F CEMETERY & EX PL 17594 18281 19320 30383 DD2645 H17425 40608 KAP52398 KAP72785
Lot 1, Plan KAP11247, District Lot 1822, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District, Except Plan DD2645 17187 24013 H17425 36498 40608 KAP64141 KAP69344 KAP70080
Plan KAP4377B, District Lot 2049, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
Parcel A, Plan KAP5545B, District Lot 2049, Similkameen Div of Yale Land District
See map below
Proactive measures to prepare for an Evacuation Order are strongly advised. Please see the information listed below. A full list of properties and map are included in this document.
- All evacuees are asked to register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends if possible. Take pets with you if you can.
- If you require services or information, please contact Emergency Support Services if you are unable to register online: 1-833-498-3770
- If you have pets or livestock that need to be cared for and billeted, please contact Animal Lifeline Emergency Response Team (ALERT) for support: 250-809-7152.
Issued by Director of EOC
Depending on the severity of the situation, an Evacuation Alert or Order may be issued. It’s important to understand the different stages. Residents and visitors will be given as much advance notice as possible prior to evacuation; however, you may receive limited notice due to changing conditions.
To be ready, know your hazards and follow PreparedBC’s guides to prepare yourself, your family, home or business in case an evacuation is ordered. Health Evacuation Guidelines for COVID-19 have been developed by Emergency Management BC.
Please visit the RDOS EOC website for resource links and information updates: https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca/resources/
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ALERT IS ISSUED
Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for the Evacuation Order:
Locate all family members and designate a meeting area outside the evacuation area, should an Evacuation Order be called while separated.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Prepare to move persons with mobility concerns, children and/or neighbors,
if assistance is needed.
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, call RDOS EOC for assistance: 250-490-4225
- Prepare to take pets with you and move livestock to a safe area (if possible).
- For pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals
Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152
or email email@example.com
- Farmers who require assistance, please contact RDOS EOC.
- Arrange transportation for all your household members.
- Fill the gas tanks of personal vehicles.
- If transportation assistance is needed, contact RDOS EOC.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Arrange accommodation for all members of the residence, if possible.
- Wait for an Evacuation Order to be issued before evacuating.
- Monitor news sources including CivicReady.
See map below
Schedule 2 – map of properties on Evacuation Alert in Electoral Area H