EOC Update: Evacuation ORDER issued for Electoral Area H July 24, 2021News Article
Pursuant to the Emergency Program Act, the Regional District of the Okanagan-Similkameen, hereby orders that due to immediate danger to life and property due to the Garrison Lake wildfire in Electoral Area H, evacuation of two (2) properties in Schedule 1 is to commence immediately.
RCMP and Search and Rescue will be expediting this action.
The Evacuation Order is in effect for the following properties listed in Schedule 1. All other properties within the Evacuation Alert issued July 24, 2021 remain under Evacuation Alert. See link below.
Please visit the RDOS EOC website for resource links and information updates: https://emergency.rdos.bc.ca/resources/
Interactive Map of RDOS Evacuation Orders and Alerts:
Schedule 1 – List of Properties for East Gate Area
202 PLACER MOUNTAIN FOREST SERVICE RD
250 PLACER MOUNTAIN FOREST SERVICE RD
Schedule 2 – Map of Properties shown below
Issued by Director of EOC
- All evacuees are asked to register online with the Emergency Support Services (ESS) Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool even if you do not require referrals such as housing or other services: ess.gov.bc.ca By registering online you will receive a call within 24 hours
- If you require assistance with accommodations, please call: 250-486-1890
- Due to a shortage of hotel accommodations, please consider making arrangements to stay with family or friends if possible
At the Reception Centre – Emergency Support Services (ESS) volunteers are able to assist you to meet your basic needs by providing services for up to 72 hours if you do not have insurance. This may include coordinating food, clothing, lodging and transportation.
ESS is a safety net program available when alternatives such as family, friends and insurance cannot be accessed. ESS is not offered if insurance is accessible. In situations where insurance exits, but cannot be immediately accessed, 24 hours of support may be provided.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO WHEN AN EVACUATION ORDER IS ISSUED
- You must leave the area immediately.
- Follow directions of emergency responders and travel designated or safest route available.
- Register as an evacuee at the designated Reception Centre or online: ess.gov.bc.ca
- If you need transportation assistance from evacuation area, call RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- If you identify as having extraordinary needs, contact RDOS EOC for assistance.
- Shut off all gas and electrical appliances, other than refrigerators and freezers.
- Close all windows and doors.
- Please store your Firearms in accordance with Section 118 of the Firearms Act.
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock.
- Gather your family and, if you have room, take a neighbor or someone needing transportation. Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Take critical items only if they are immediately available:
- government-issued ID
- valuable papers (e.g. insurance, credit, and mortgage information)
- immediate care needs for dependents
- Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Pet owners and hobby farmers with concerns for their animals should make arrangements when an Evacuation Alert is issued.
Animal Emergency Response Team (ALERT) can help: 250-809-7152
- Farmers who require assistance, please call RDOS EOC: 250-490-4225
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY