WINTER HOURS: Closed Sundays from December 1st to end of February
- Closed Christmas Day Wednesday December 25th
- Closed Boxing Day Thursday December 26th
- Closed New Year's Day Wednesday January 1st
Hours of Operation
MARCH - NOVEMBER (Spring, Summer, Fall)
8:30 am - 4:45 pm Monday through Sunday*
DECEMBER - FEBRUARY (Winter)
8:30 am - 4:45 pm Monday through Saturday*
*Closed all Statutory Holidays, Boxing Day and winter Sundays
Landfill Bylaws with Regulations (definitions and rules) and Fees (costs of different materials) in seperate documents.
Please tarp all loads brought to the landfill! Failure to do so may result in double tipping fees to a minimum of $10.
Keep materials seperate to reduce your landfill costs.
The Campbell Mountain Sanitary Landfill services:
- the City of Penticton
- the Village of Keremeos
- the Penticton Indian Band
- Electoral Area 'B' (Cawston)
- Electoral Area 'D' (OK Falls, Kaleden, Apex Mountain)
- Electoral Area 'E' (Naramata)
- Parts of Electoral Area 'F' (West Bench, Sage Mesa)
- Electoral Area 'G' (Hedley, Olalla, Rural Keremeos)
Click here to view map.
5 km northeast of Penticton off Reservoir Road
Phone & Email
Recycling and Composting
Save money and reduce the amount of garbage you generate by separating recyclable or compostable materials from refuse.
There is a free residential recycling depot at the entrance of the landfill for common recyclables. The depot has three types of bins: Cardboard, Glass and Other Recyclables.
- Keep loose and do not bundle
- At the Campbell Mountain Landfill there is a free large volume cardboard drop off area within the landfill. Drive to the scale and the scale attendent can tell you how to dispose of your large volumes of cardboard. These bins are set up for you to back up to and easily dump your large volumes of cardboard.
- All colours of clean container glass and glass bottles
- Leave the labels on but remove all caps or rings
Blue Bag Recycling Bins
- Tin cans and clean aluminum foil
- Clean plastic containers and plastic bags (must be over 4 inches in size)
- Paper and mixed paper including books (no metal rings or plastic covers)
- Can be placed in loose or mixed together in see through bags
Within the landfill there are also areas for recycling of various materials. Consult the Fees Bylaw for any applicable fees to dispose of these items:
- Metal items and appliances
- Untreated wood and yard and garden waste
- Agricultural plastics
- Agricultural tree stumps
- All household and lead-acid batteries
- Household hazardous waste
- Propane tanks
- Electronic waste/TVs/computers
- Concrete, asphalt, masonry
- Gyproc (drywall)
- Mattresses and boxsprings
See the following links for recycling and composting information:
- rates and availability of compost sold at the Campbell Mountain Landfill, refer to the City of Penticton website.
- free yard waste drop-off at the landfill;
- general information on composting;
- information on where you can recycle items such as paint, batteries and used motor oil, refer to the "Where Can I Recycle?" section of the website.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility
The Campbell Mountain Sanitary Landfill has a year around Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Residents in the Campbell Mountain Sanitary Landfill service area can drop off a variety of household items free of charge for safe disposal. For more information on what constitutes Household Hazardous Waste please click here.
The Household Hazardous Waste Facility will not accept Commercial or Industrial related products. For more information on the disposal of these materials please look at the Prohibited (Hazardous) & Controlled Waste section below or phone the Regional District Solid Waste Division at 492-2907.
Prohibited (Hazardous) & Controlled Waste
Some types of waste are approved for disposal at the landfill but require special handling and disposal techniques to avoid creating health hazards, nuisances, or environmental pollution. Some waste, including radioactive, biomedical, asbestos, automobiles, slaughterhouse, and other waste is prohibited from disposal at the landfill.
More information: Call the Landfill at 250-492-2907