Keremeos Landfill open Sunday November 11th, 2012 (Remembrance Day) regular hours
Transfer Facility Information
Hours of Operation
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Sunday
The Keremeos Landfill accepts waste and recycling from the following areas:
- Village of Keremeos
- Electoral Area 'B' (Cawston)
- Electoral Area 'G' (Hedley, Olalla)
Off Keremeos Bypass Road on El Rancho Drive.
Click here to view map.
Phone & Fax
Contact the Landfill at 250-499-5005 or the RDOS at 250-492-5795 or toll free 1-877-610-3737 for more information.
Before you go
- You can save a lot of money if your loads contain only separated materials. Please get to know the items that can be recycled and what items aren't allowed in the landfill.
Click here for a copy of our bylaw to find out what you can recycle or compost at the landfill.
- If you have further questions you can contact our Solid Waste Hotline at 250-490-4129, toll free 1-877-610-3737 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remember to tarp all loads or fees will be doubled.
Recycling and Composting
Save money and reduce the amount of garbage you generate by separating recyclable or compostable materials from refuse.
See the following links for recycling and composting information:
Prohibited Waste (Hazardous Waste)
Some kinds of waste are prohibited from garbage disposal at the Keremeos Landfill. These include, but are not limited to biomedical waste, liquid waste, radioactive waste, flammable or ignitable wastes, and oil.
Contact the RDOS at 250-490-4129, toll free 1877-610-3737 or e-mail email@example.com to find out ways to dispose of this waste.