General Local Election - November 15, 2014
General Election Information
Commencing 2014, general local elections in BC are held every four years. In the Regional District, these include the election of an Electoral Area Director to the Regional District Board, By-elections occur if a seat becomes vacant within the four year term.
Elections and by-elections are conducted according to the rules and regulations set out in the Local Government Act which governs local government elections throughout B.C.
RDOS Brochure - Guides to Local Government Elections
Local Government Elections, Saturday, November 15, 2014
Electors of the Regional District of Okanagan-Similkameen will elect an Electoral Area Director for a four year term ending in the fall of 2018.
Olalla electors will elect four Local Community Commission members to the Olalla Local Community Commission for a four year term ending in the fall of 2018.
- Candidate Nomination Package Nomination Packages are also available at the Regional District Office located at 101 Martin Street, Penticton, BC beginning August 22, 2014 during regular office hours.
One Assent Voting opportunity will occur in conjunction with the General Election on November 15, 2014. Voters in Electoral Area "C" and Town of Oliver will have an opportunity to vote in a referendum regarding the Frank Venables Theatre.
Legislation governing local government elections include:
- RDOS Bylaw No. 2661, 2014 consolidated
- Local Government Act Part 3
- Local Government Election Regulation, BC Reg. 380/93
- Local Election Campaign Financing act
- Local Elections Statutes Amendment Act
- Financial Disclosure Act
- Financial Disclosure Act Reg. 32/2001
Hard copies of the legislation are available from the Regional District Office. These are provided for your convenience only; the official versions may be obtained from the Queen’s Printer, Crown Publications Inc., 521 Fort Street, Victoria, BC V8W 9K4 604 386-4636, or may be available at your public library.
Visit the Ministry of Community, Sport and Cultural Development election website for more information and frequently asked questions about elections.