Reduce Waste when Gift Giving
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle when Gift Giving
Echo the Owl says...
GIVE A HOOT
reduce, reuse & recycle
- Buy a gift for the contents, not the glitzy packaging. The costs associated with the packaging can represent up to 66% of the product's total cost.
- Make the wrap part of the gift. Use a scarf or tea towel to keep your gift under wraps and the wrapping out of the garbage.
- If you do use giftwrap, package the present in a gift bag that can be reused many times. Never use foil giftwrap, as it can not be recycled in your curbside program.
- Choose gifts that support local businesses and do not need wrapping:
- tickets to a concert, movie, or local sporting event
- gift certificates
- house plants
Proudly brought to you by the Regional District Okanagan Similkameen.