What We Do
The Planning Department acts in the public interest to prepare plans and policies to guide development, balancing the needs of the community with economic, social and environmental considerations to protect the unique character of the area and quality of life for existing and future generations of the Okanagan Similkameen.
The principal functions of the Planning Department are:
- to prepare land use plans and policies for consideration by the RDOS Board;
- to serve the community by responding to a wide range of inquiries and applications related to the use and development of land;
- to administer RDOS land use bylaws, standards and policies;
- to facilitate citizen participation in the land use process; and
- to act as a resource to the RDOS Board on planning and development matters.
Planning staff are available to assist with inquiries about land development: More info