What We Do
To enhance quality of life, the environment, and the level of public safety within the Regional District through efficient, cost-effective, and professional delivery of public works & engineering services.
Public Works - Engineering Division
Engineering Services has five main focus areas.
- Provide professional engineering advice to the Regional District Board
- Plan, budget, and design and construct Capital Infrastructure projects
- Review, inspect, and provide input into the requirements for subdivisions
- Maintain records with respect to engineering drawings and reports.
Public Works - Operations Division
Operations is comprised of these divisions:
- Water and Wastewater division maintain the 9 water and 2 sanitary sewer systems managed by the Regional District.
- Solid Waste manage 4 RDOS landfills, and a residential solid waste collection service.
- Mosquito and Pest Control carries out a larviciding campaign for mosquito control as well as a monitoring and enforcement program for harmful tree fruit pests such as Cherry Fruit Fly and Peach Twig Borer.
- Invasive Plant Program - partnering with Okanagan & Similkameen Invasive Species Society (OASISS) to provide biological control agents and public education programs to raise awareness of invasive Species.