- Okanagan Falls Landfill will be closed Good Friday March 30th, 2018 but will be open regular hours Monday April 2nd.
- Saturday Openings from April to end October. See below for hours.
- New Regulations and Fees start April 15th, 2018. See below for details.
- Please take all residential recycling to J&C Bottle Depot in Penticton, Oliver Bottle Depot or Campbell Mountain Landfill.
Regular Hours of Operation
OPEN Monday through Friday - 10:00 am - 1:45 pm
OPEN Saturdays (April to end of October) - 10:00 am - 1:45 pm
CLOSED - All statutory holidays and Boxing Day.
Regulations and Fees
Regulations Bylaw: definitions/rules
Service AreaThe Service Area for the Okanagan Falls Landfill includes the City of Penticton, Village of Keremeos, Penticton Indian Band and Electoral Areas 'B' (Cawston), Area 'D' (Okanagan Falls, Kaleden), Area 'E' (Naramata), Area 'F' (West Bench area only) and Area 'G' (Hedley, Olalla). The Okanagan Falls Sanitary Landfill is a centre for Demolition, Land Clearing and Construction ("DLC") Waste recycling. The Okanagan Falls Landfill no longer accepts regular household or business garbage or residential recycling. Residents and businesses should take garbage containing food waste or fruit to the Campbell Mountain Sanitary Landfill.
LocationClick here to view map
Phone: 250-497-7942 During open hours
For more information contact 250-490-4129 or toll free 1-877-610-3737
Before you go
- You can save money if your loads contains separated materials. Check the Landfill Bylaw above or contact the RDOS to know the items that can be recycled and what items aren't allowed in the landfill.
- Remember to tarp all loads or fees will be doubled.
- The Okanagan Falls Landfill cannot accept food waste or bagged household garbage. These materials should go to the Campbell Mountain Landfill.
Recycling and Composting
Save money and reduce the amount of garbage you generate by separating recyclable or compostable materials from refuse. Review Bylaws above to see what materials can be accepted.
- general information on composting